This individual oversees the activities of business/data analysts, ensuring proper execution of analytic projects, including the acquisition, management, manipulation, and analysis of data and reports. The Senior Analyst will work with department leadership to develop, implement, manage, and continually improve scalable analytic solutions that meet best practice standards. The ideal candidate will enjoy working with both technical and business staff on projects and will possess strong skills and experience in problem-solving, including project planning, management, and execution; client communications and relationship management; and data analytics, modeling, and statistics.
- Engage with Sentry clients to identify and understand opportunities to leverage data and analytics to address key business issues; translate business/project needs into technical/analytical requirements; develop and communicate project plans, milestones and timelines
- Perform structured and exploratory data analysis using data from disparate sources to identify value-added opportunities to improve operational efficiency, data integrity, and financial performance of clients; supervise and mentor other business/data analysts in the performance of routine, ad hoc, and custom data analysis
- Create, maintain, and enforce consulting and analytic standards, considerations, methodologies, and controls
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Communicate informed conclusions and recommendations to Sentry leadership and clients
- Provide product, data, and analytics-based subject matter expertise to prospective clients and to inform proof-of-concept analytics projects
- In collaboration with others, identify high-impact analytical use-cases and develop technical requirements to automate to expand or improve the functionality of Sentry’s suite of SaaS-based analytics applications
- In collaboration with others, develop and implement data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality.
- Assist in evaluating new technologies and methods of analyzing Sentry’s data
- Assist in formulating new and creative customer use-cases that leverage Sentry’s data asset to address critical business needs or inform strategic business decisions
Qualifications / requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, information management, healthcare information, computing, mathematics, statistics, or equivalent combination of related experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in a healthcare consulting or data analyst role.
- Advanced SQL skills
- Data-mining skills using SAS, Python, SPSS, or R
- Experience with data visualization applications
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Experience in core analytics methods preferred, including statistics, predictive modeling, and machine learning
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to communicate findings to both business and IT leaders in a way that can influence how an organization approaches a business challenge
- Aptitude for deploying and managing continuous process improvement techniques
- Ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships with all levels of staff and clients
- Ability to supervise, mentor, and develop business/data analysts
- Efficient and timely execution of projects
- Superior organizational skills with ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Fast learner, able to understand new products/features and business objectives quickly
- Ability to work with minimal daily supervision
- Willingness to be part of a team-unit and cooperate in the accomplishment of departmental goals and objectives
- Energetic, motivated individual with a desire to succeed
- Attention to detail and editing skills
- Strong business acumen
- Strong research capabilities
- This position will manage employees of their department and, in collaboration with the department lead, responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees
- Travel is estimated not to exceed 20% of time, may be outside the local area and overnight
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Sentry Data Systems, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.