Data analyst responsibilities include conducting fully lifecycle analysis to include requirements, activities and design. Data analysts will develop analysis and reporting capabilities, as well as monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements.
- Document structure data to identify their different characteristics and locate their similarities to find ways they can be integrated for better results
- Design comprehensive data reports and other business tools to assist business managers and clients in making good business decisions
- Carryout statistical analysis of all business data from the company
- Carryout audit on data in a bid to tackle customer base business related issues
- Interact with company staff and customers to have a good knowledge of the business as this helps in the data analysis
- Handle client related issues and work within both business managers and supervisors in facilitating deliverables
- Arrange and evaluate client record and asses issues in a timely manner, and resolve issues that might arise
- Coordinate tools for process management and ensure that cycle guidelines are adhered to
- Arrange anomalies of consumption and identify errors in data and take measures to resolve them
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
Qualification / requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Management, Healthcare Information, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or equivalent combination of related experience
- Proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc.)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Sentry Data Systems, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.