The Area VP of Account Management reports to the National Vice President of Account Management and is responsible for leading the area account management pods and providing support to Sentry Data Systems’ 340B qualified hospitals (covered entities) or contracted pharmacies. In this position, the AVP of Account Management is responsible for ensuring continued profitability through contract renegotiation, service upsells, escalation management and client engagement, and owning and cultivating strong client relationships with existing customers to drive customer satisfaction, value, retention and penetration. He/she will help ensure that the customer/client is receiving considerable value from our services and continuously understand and track specific and measurable adoption and ROI goals. In-depth understanding of Sentry products and services coupled with strong understanding of the business environment, strategy, needs and direction of assigned customers to create solutions for the customer by leveraging existing, upgraded or new Sentry products and services.
- Create and implement overall targeted regional client engagement strategy to support sales philosophy of relationship management and continued business prospecting
- Responsible for managing team performance of a team of account executives and account coordinators, fostering career and personal growth and developing succession planning
- Tracking team KPIs and ensuring that operational policies are followed with the ultimate responsibility for delivery of service standards/levels
- Successfully renegotiate client contracts and upsell services to meet forecasted revenues and work with Sentry sales and legal department to facilitate contract renewal and price negotiations
- Represent Sentry at select trade shows and user conferences and remain current on in-depth knowledge of Sentry products, services, competitors and business environment to enable both expert representation and lead retention and renewals
- Prepares post-event reports and analysis
- Utilize Salesforce.com to manage analytics and document the sales process for additional revenue generating opportunities.
- Facilitate and perform financial analysis and ROI calculations on the utilization of Sentry applications
- Report on forces that shift tactical budgets and strategic direction of accounts
- Work collaboratively with the sales team for your assigned territory to target and grow a robust sales pipeline
- Ability to respond to requests from National VP of Account Management and other executives in a timely fashion
- Performs other related duties as assigned by National VP of Account Management.
Qualifications / requirements
- College degree in healthcare, pharmacy, nursing or business
- 5+ years’ management/supervisory experience
- 5+ years’ experience working with hospital leadership and pharmacy programs
- Experience in a sales or corporate management experience and understanding of the hospital operational and financial environment
- Strong leadership and people management experience and successful track record with cultivating relationships with clients
- Expert knowledge of 340B and/or ability to learn 340B industry
- Knowledge of pharmacy workflow purchasing analytics, hospital business and finance
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including familiarity with PC and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- com experience to manage analytics and documentation
- Capable of prioritizing the most critical initiatives with a relentless drive to execute
- This position requires up to 50% travel outside the local area and overnight
- Customer focus: Able to get positive results in adverse situations, holds self-responsible for service excellence and acts courteously, compassionately and responsively to all customers. Meets customer expectations for service, anticipates clients’ needs and responds appropriately and helps remove barriers to excellent customer service. Demonstrates understanding of customer issues from the clients’ perspective.
- Job knowledge: Meets or exceeds job knowledge for current position level, performs all tasks in reasonably expected time and all work is accurate and complete. Continues professional growth, works with appropriate level of supervision and knows when to ask questions or ask for help. Uses available resources effectively and efficiently.
- Customer relationships: Develops and maintains strong relationships with customers and develops trust and credibility with the customer
- Knows customer mission: Knows customer(s) objective strategic plans and work processes, and actively seeks customer input
- Optimism: Illustrates optimism to help individuals see positive aspects in difficult and unpleasant situations and provides actual examples of positive outcomes
- Self-assured, high confidence: Equally at ease addressing C-suite level executives, peers or third party vendors and does not easily lose composure under stress.
- Analytical skills: Enjoys working with large amounts of data, facts, figures and number crunching and has the ability to see through the data and analyze it to find trends and form conclusions.
- Communication skills: Comfortable presenting and communicating findings to executive level personnel and the ability to write and speak clearly, and easily communicate complex ideas.
- Critical thinking skills: Ability to look a numbers, trends and data and come to new conclusions based on the findings.
- Attention to detail: Demonstrates vigilance and precision when interpreting data trends and analysis to draw effective and accurate conclusions.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships with all levels of staff, clients and the public.
- Demonstrated ability to manage team performance and meet or exceed targets.
- Willingness to be part of a team-unit and cooperate in the accomplishment of departmental goals and objectives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Sentry Data Systems, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.