The PMO Technical Resource Manager is responsible for the assignment and management of technical resources for the PMO. In this capacity, the PMO Technical Resource Manager will provide input on performance of the technical resources, ensure that training is complete and up-to-date and verify that hours are properly recorded against assigned projects.
- Act as a liaison between the technical and PMO staff
- Work with technical trainer to ensure that staff is appropriately trained and that training documentation is complete and up-to-date
- Meet regularly with technical staff to ensure clear communication on project status and prioritization
- Maintain skills-based matrix for technical resources
- Review and evaluate project task reporting to ensure validity and accuracy
- Ensure compliance with established internal policies, procedures and methodologies
- Provide regular status updates to technical program manager
- As necessary, escalate concerns in an appropriate and timely manner
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with clients and third-party vendors
- Perform other duties as necessary to support company or department objectives
Qualification / requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of related experience in computer science or information technology
- 4+ years in a technical role
- 2+ years of experience managing technical resources
- Excellent conflict resolution skills
- Understanding of hospital/clinical environment workflow and operations a plus
- Strong resilience to organizational changes with the ability to adjust to rapidly changing conditions
- Comfortable communicating effectively across various product and technology teams and leadership
- Creative and takes initiative in finding new ways to improve overall quality of Sentry’s products and processes and resolve process disparities
- Clarizen, Microsoft Project, Salesforce, SharePoint, Atlassian product line (JIRA, Confluence) experience a plus
- Flexible to schedule changes with the ability to adjust to rapidly changing conditions.
- Ability to gather information & synthesize it into management reports
- Ability to think critically and solve problems
- Self-motivated, strong initiative; ability to work independently and without direct supervision
- Excellent oral/written communication, organizational and time management skills a must
- Ability to work independently and without direct supervision in a fast-paced environment; desires to improve the status quo
- Productivity – Complete work in assigned time, amount of work meets or exceeds expectations and work area is organized. Works well as a team member and adapts quickly to changing circumstances. Completed work is neat and accurate, and pays close attention to detail.
- Decision making / problem solving / critical thinking – Uses good judgment, demonstrates ability to clearly isolate and define problems, and considers alternatives and consequences before making decisions. Recognizes problems and offers workable solutions, and seeks advice when appropriate.
- Trust, respect and rapport – Establishes trust, respect and rapport.
- Personal development – Participates willingly in training and development programs to improve personal skills/knowledge and develops a personal plan for continuing professional development.
- Improving processes – Documents processes and collects performance measurement data to determine where improvements can be made.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Sentry Data Systems, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.