Today Sentry Data Systems, Inc. announced the availability of the Datanex® Platform to independent solution providers. The Datanex® Platform is a healthcare focused cloud computing platform that allows solution providers to construct rich healthcare business intelligence applications and securely transport data across the world’s fastest and most comprehensive healthcare data infrastructure.
“This architecture is a fundamental game changer for both the healthcare and Business Intelligence industries. The Datanex® Platform provides a scalable, secure, high performance platform that removes most of the technical barriers to entry for healthcare application developers,” said John Peebles, Sentry’s CIO. He added, “I believe Sentry is uniquely positioned to be able to provide the most cost effective interoperable technology platform to organizations that do not want to focus on infrastructure challenges.”
Datanex® is a high performance electronic healthcare infrastructure and transaction processing fabric, which collects data from hundreds of disparate systems and data sources. The Datanex® Platform is host to Sentry’s current suite of products and serves hundreds of locations, millions of patients, thousands of providers across thirty states and currently processes millions of healthcare transactions each day.
The Datanex® Platform includes robust security and privacy features, which protect the movement of data and constrain permissions to the respective owners of any Protected Healthcare Information.
“Sentry’s platform renders all other BI systems cost prohibitive and nearly obsolete. This platform provides a foundation for applications that need to consistently access, transport, and report on healthcare data assembled from hundreds or thousands of sources, which is the cornerstone requirement of any portable electronic medical record infrastructure,” said Travis Leonardi, President of Sentry Data Systems, Inc.
The Datanex® Platform removes costly infrastructure and investment by providing four critical components, allowing ISVs to focus on their products and services:
- Datanex® GRID – a high security, highly scalable, on-demand virtual server infrastructure that can host client applications and interact with the other components of the Datanex® platform.
- Datanex® QDC – the Quantum Data Construct, a proprietary, ultra high performance, massively scalable distributed database with a shared-nothing architecture. Datanex® QDC is built for quickly storing and retrieving Health Record Units (HRU) across multi-million populations of patients and providers involving petabytes of associated information.
- Datanex® ETL – an Extract, Transform and Load infrastructure and associated service provided by Sentry which focuses on quickly extracting healthcare data formats and standards, with an emphasis on grading the quality of data and alerting when certain error thresholds are breached.
- Datanex® API – the Application Programming Interface that interfaces between Datanex® QDC, the Datanex® GRID, and applications. The Datanex® API provides rich a rich toolkit to developers who need to access and utilize healthcare data, while not worrying about the underlying details.
- Datanex® NET – a secure Network Transport and Interoperability layer that brokers healthcare transactions between Datanex® Platform instances and serves as a digital highway for platform subscribers.
The platform is currently available to a select group of enterprise application developers and healthcare entities. A public preview will be available at the HIMSS09 healthcare technology convention in Chicago from April 4-8. Interested developers and other healthcare entities can inquire via www.sentryds.com .