The Senior Informatica ETL Developer will have expert knowledge of managing Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) processes using Informatica tool sets. Informatica tools will primarily be Power Center and IDQ (Informatica Data Quality). The person in this position is an experienced data wrangler who understands database designs and ETL processes and can assist with creating a data landscape for Sentry that is modern, maintainable and high-performing.
- Provide leadership and technical guidance to the ETL team on Informatica development
- Responsible for continuing research into best practices in Informatica development
- Demonstrates expert-level knowledge in Structured Query Language (SQL) and has ability to work with multiple RDBMS platforms
- Translate functional product requirements into technical designs
- Responsible for implementing DDL and DML code to operationalize designs following SDLC guidelines
- Configure and tests objects and identify and resolve issues related to configuration and testing
- Design and develop automated processes to perform scheduled tasks, ETL, data validation and maintenance activities
- Communicate insights and recommend areas for further data platform enhancements
- Deliver product releases on-time and with quality
- Create weekly detailed status reports
- Assist with capturing and documenting system flow and other pertinent technical information about data database design and/or systems
Qualification / requirements
- Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years of experience or equivalent combination of related experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Expert level in Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Strong experience with Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) processes and concepts. Expert level experience with Informatica is required.
- Experience with ODI (Oracle Data Integrator) is a plus
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of database principles, concepts, technologies and tools, including OLTP and OLAP models
- Strong experience with dimensional and relational database design
- Detail-orientated with the ability to work with minimum/no supervision
- Strong experience with development methodologies including AGILE development. Experience with an Agile Tool, specifically JIRA, is a plus
- Knowledge of Exadata and cloud-based data platforms
- Experience working with health care data
- Visualization experience using a variety of BI tools (OBIEE, Tableau, Cognos, Crystal Reports)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Sentry Data Systems, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.