The Senior Accountant’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, general ledger accountability and financial and tax reporting, as well as financial profitability analysis and other special projects as assigned.
- Assist with preparing monthly financial statements, reports and records by collecting, analyzing and summarizing account information
- Assist with preparing tax returns and interacting with outside tax accountants
- Assist with the budget and forecast preparation, analysis, and review
- Prepare general ledger account reconciliations and research and reconcile all discrepancies
- Knowledge of deferred revenue and accrued expenses
- Assist with sales / accounts receivable / collections processes
- Assist with purchases / accounts payable / payment processes
- Performing other duties as assigned
Qualifications / requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent combination of related experience
- 5+ years of experience in bookkeeping or accounting; public accounting experience a plus
- Strong computer skills
- General ledger software experience; Sage-Intacct experience a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Outlook and Word)
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Ability to organize, manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to communicate effectively with other departments
- Ability to multi‐task and meet multiple deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment is required
- Knowledgeable with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Ability to perform a variety of complicated tasks
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem-solving, and results
- Detail oriented with the ability to work with minimum/no supervision
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written communication
- Willingness to be part of a team-unit and cooperate in the accomplishment of departmental goals and objectives
- This position will manage employees of their department and responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Sentry Data Systems, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.