The Project Manager is responsible for leading project teams to deliver projects that are on time, within budget and within scope. The Project Manager (PM) will create and maintain the project scope, schedule and other associated project documentation inclusive of necessary reports for leadership and key stakeholders. The PM will work closely with internal and external resources to monitor progress and ensure a clear understanding of project status, associated risks and next steps throughout the implementation process.
- Coordinate key internal and external resources for the flawless execution of projects
- Work closely with assigned, internal technical resource to identify, communicate and resolve open issues throughout the implementation process
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Develop comprehensive and detailed project plan to monitor and track performance and progress to ensure successful completion of all tasks and goals
- Communicate clearly and often with key stakeholders to ensure all parties remain in sync regarding timeline, objectives and outstanding items
- Work closely with clients to understand their drivers and needs for the program and to answer questions, capture and clarify specific requirements of each project
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques and measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Provide status reporting on project success criteria results, metrics, test and implementation activities regarding milestones, deliverables, dependencies, risks and issues and communicate across leadership and key stakeholders
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Own and manage relationship with the clients and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Educate clients on Sentry products and educate them on key requirements
- Conduct initial evaluation of client data, prepare and review quality checks to ensure that project is ready for submission to Sentry’s QA Department
- Assist clients with troubleshooting and problem solving during the implementation process
- Collaborate with clients, the Training Team to coordinate required training and education
- Assist with and confirms initial client order post go-live
- Comply with established internal policies, procedures and methodologies
- Maintain a high level of product/process knowledge
- Continue professional development in order to keep abreast of emerging technologies, methods and best practices
- Perform other related duties as assigned necessary to support company or department objectives
Qualifications / responsibilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field of study or equivalent work experience
- Industry-recognized project management certification (i.e. PMP, CSM) desired
- 5+ years of project management experience, including developing, planning and tracking projects
- 5+ years of experience working with internal and external stakeholders within a cross-functional matrix environment
- 1+ years of previous experience with requirements gathering from clients/the business and strong documentation
- 3+ years of experience with full product lifecycle in a healthcare related industry with understanding of various technology methodologies that support that lifecycle
- Intermediate level of proficiency with project management software (i.e. MS Project, etc.), Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Clarizen and SharePoint with experience presenting to stakeholders and/or key Leadership
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment and collaborate across multiple areas in order to achieve PMO and business objectives
- Interpersonal skills to influence within and across varying functional environments
- Ability to resolve business problems, make decisions and identify priorities
- Minimal travel may be required for this position
- Business Acumen: Confident, poised and decisive with proven ability to tailor message to the audience. Demonstrates accountability and utmost integrity and respect toward team and organizational practices. Understands business positioning in the marketplace, key trends and overall impact to business. Demonstrates company’s mission, vision and values as well as the organization’s security and confidentiality protocol. Strong working knowledge of PMO’s tools, technologies, SLA’s and processes.
- Interpersonal Skills: Self-manages emotions and understands downstream impact. Demonstrates agility in most circumstances. Absorbs and can accept change inclusive of the adoption of new process or technology. Demonstrates consistent ability to communicate to peers and customers. Able to control conversations to create mutually acceptable solutions. Diffuses high-tension situations comfortably.
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly. Can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately. Has broad knowledge and perspective. Is future-oriented. Can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods. Can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Engagement: Finds common ground to solve problems. Balances representing own interests and those of others. Gains trusts of others. Collaborative and transparent with peers. Experience using diplomacy and tact when interacting with stakeholders and others outside immediate team. Capable of building relationships and rapport with all kinds of people and diffuse tense situations. Influences decisions, conversations and each interpersonal connection.
- Critical Thinking: Thinks independently in unstructured and ambiguous environments. Partners with key resources to make decisions after completion of due-diligence process. Sees proposed end state. Utilizes project management tools and techniques to solve mid-level to complex challenges. Solves problems with risks associated. Applies risky techniques as a solution.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Sentry Data Systems, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.