The Product Manager works closely with senior product managers, subject matter experts and customers to identify, understand and define new product opportunities and legacy product enhancements. Once identified, the PM translates these opportunities into product requirements that are understood by the project team and product roadmap working group. The Product Manager works closely with the PMO/assigned project manager and acts as a liaison between the product and the software development teams. Throughout the project life cycle, the PM is responsible for ensuring that the team has a clear understanding of the business need and that the proposed solution addresses that need.
- Document the product requirements that will solve the defined business problem in a format that can be consumed by the development team, design team and marketing team
- Conduct customer and other market research to evaluate legacy product enhancement ideas and opportunities
- Document results of research that can be incorporated into product requirements for new functionality and general product descriptions post-implementation of new features
- Act as the liaison between the business stakeholders and the development team
- Manage the activities associated with documenting, clarifying, and prioritizing the requirements to meet the needs of the customer
- Facilitate meetings and feasibility discussions with cross-functional project teams (business, technology, training, sales, etc.)
- Stay up to date with the Sentry product roadmaps and have a clear understanding of how all activities impact organization goals
- Develop graphs, reports and presentations of project results
- Perform basic statistical analyses for projects and reports
- Generate routine and ad hoc reports
Qualifications / requirements:
- Experience writing software product plans preferably for businesses operating in the healthcare industry
- Bachelor’s degree in a business and/or technology field or equivalent combination of related experience
- Strong desire to pursue a career in product management
- Business/technical writing skills for development of product requirements
- Strong attention to detail, especially as it relates to developing analytics and documentation
- Familiar with US healthcare industry, claims, HIS, pharmacy, wholesaler and related software products supporting the HC industry
- Strong oral communication skills necessary to understand and interpret user requests from both internal executives and external customers
- Ability to understand and generate complex process flows for assigned projects.
- Possess strong MS Excel, MS Word and Visio skills
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Sentry Data Systems, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.