The Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external areas on all matters pertaining to the Executive. The Executive Assistant oversees special projects. The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and community oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
- Proactively manage the busy and ever-changing calendar of the CEO and anticipate potential conflicts; resolve independently, if possible
- Coordinate meetings and conference calls; reserve conference rooms, arrange technology requirements and order breakfast/lunch/catering for business meetings when needed
- Manage staff requests for CEO time in order to maximize CEO’s productivity and ensure meetings are well planned and equipped with an agenda in advance
- Occasionally take meeting minutes, manage meeting communications and ensure action items are followed through when needed
- Prepare travel & expense reports, reconcile corporate card expenses and uphold company T&E policies
- Arrange complex and detailed travel plans (both commercial & private aviation), point to point car service, hotel, itineraries and agendas; arrange and secure out-of-town dinner meetings
- Run professional and personal errands, assist with personal appointments and arrange family member travel as needed
- Screen CEO calls and independently determine and route, take detailed messages and field requests for information
- Prepare, print and bind presentation materials ahead of meetings, as required
- Compose and prepare confidential correspondence, slide decks, presentation and meeting materials, etc.
- Manage relationships and communications with senior leadership team, employees, partners, business connections, investors, family and friends
- Work closely and effectively with the CEO to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately, with limited to no direction
- Update and maintain CEO’s Outlook contacts
- Resourceful and creative in completing certain tasks without much direction or instructions
- Provide break coverage when needed for the reception desk
- Able to work well under pressure and maintain professionalism under all circumstance; must have excellent interpersonal skills as a representative of executive management
- Flexibility with hours and off-hours accessibility
- Miscellaneous projects as assigned
Qualifications / requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent combination of related experience
- 5 to 7 years of experience supporting C-Level Executives
- 2+ years of experience in health-related area or must possess transferable skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Visio a HUGE bonus
- Must be intuitive, able to anticipate needs and develop options
- Excellent ability to maintain composure and effectiveness in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Critical thinker (use good judgement when scheduling or making travel arrangements)
- Tech-savvy with conference room a/v, screen sharing, Webex/Teams meetings setup, etc.
- Ability to adapt to sudden change and shifting priorities in workload
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Sentry Data Systems, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.