An ETL Database Developer at Sentry is responsible for creating and maintaining data structures and data processes to support internal and external customers at Sentry. This position presents an opportunity for someone who is good at “data wrangling” and “data archeology.” We need an experienced person who understands database designs and ETL processes and can assist with creating a data landscape for Sentry that is modern, maintainable and high-performing.
- Knowledge of RDBMS platforms (e.g. Oracle ) with experience in generating DDL
- Translates functional product requirements into technical designs.
- Responsible for implementing DDL and DML code to operationalize designs following SDLC guidelines
- Configures and tests objects and identifies and resolves issues related to configuration and testing.
- Design and develop automated processes to perform scheduled tasks, ETL, data validation and maintenance activities
- Communicate insights and recommend areas for further data platform enhancements
- Delivers product releases on-time and with quality
- Creates weekly detailed status reports
- Assists with capturing and documenting system flow and other pertinent technical information about data database design and/or systems
Qualifications / requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years’ of experience or equivalent combination of related experience
- Expert level in Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Strong experience with Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) processes and concepts. Familiarity with multiple ETL applications is a bonus
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of database principles, concepts, technologies and tools, including OLTP and OLAP models
- Strong experience with dimensional and relational database design
- Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Detail orientated with the ability to work with minimum/no supervision
- Strong experience with development methodologies including AGILE development; experience with an Agile Tool, specifically JIRA, is a plus
- Knowledge of Exadata and cloud-based data platforms
- Experience working with health care data
- Visualization experience using a variety of BI tools (OBIEE, Tableau, Cognos, Crystal Reports)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Sentry Data Systems, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.