The Data Governance Lead, reporting to the Director of Data Governance, will create and maintain enterprise-wide data governance standards, with responsibility for facilitating data quality, as well as for building out the organizational processes required for a successful data governance program.
The role requires a strong background in data management as well as governance policies, procedures and best practices. Candidates should be familiar with implementing master data management (MDM), data cataloging, and data lineage. Previous experience with MDM software is a plus.
This individual will require very strong English-language skills to facilitate organizing and making connections between data concepts and definitions. Knowledge of health-care vocabulary and concepts is desirable. The Data Governance Lead should also have a strong ability to work collaboratively with various subject matter experts to import their knowledge into data governance rules and objects.
- Provide leadership in achieving the company’s goals for data governance
- Convene meetings with the Data Governance Board and lead discussions to arrive at agreed rules for each subject area and domain in Sentry’s enterprise data
- Maintain the complete set of rules for all data cleansing, standardizing, and validating performed on data within Sentry’s enterprise platform
- Work closely with the Data Modeler to conform rules to data types and structures in the Enterprise Data Model
- Define metrics that measure data quality
- Create dashboards and presentations that demonstrate value to the business and/or IT areas
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
Qualifications / requirements
- Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years’ of experience or equivalent combination of related experience.
- Expert level in Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of database principles, concepts, technologies and tools, including OLTP and OLAP models
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Detail orientated with the ability to work with minimum/no supervision
- Experience working with health care data
- Experience working with MDM software
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Sentry Data Systems, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.