A Sentry Data Engineer is a self-motivated, responsible technologist who thrives in an agile, demanding environment and is driven to understand and meet customer expectations, deliver defect free software, and follow architectural best practices. This developer will be involved in the design and development of all stages of the ETL/data engineering lifecycle and should be comfortable working with large amounts of data in disparate formats.
- Profiling, designing and modeling data
- Providing data product solutions on multiple data platforms
- Act as leader and provide suggestions and best practices for data delivery
- Integrate multiple and complex data sources including transactional and non-transactional, structured and unstructured, etc.
- Expert in design/creation/management/business use of very large datasets
- Database tuning and performance monitoring
- Recommend and implement ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality
- Data engineers will need to ensure that the architecture that is in place supports the requirements of the data scientists and the stakeholders, the business
- Unix/Linux and Windows experience
- OOP principles and design
- Clustered or distributed computing a+
Qualifications / requirements:
- BS degree and 7+ years of experience or equivalent combination of related experience.
- Proficiency in Oracle SQL and Oracle VLDB/Partitioning
- Proficiency in database concepts and systems types including OLTP, Data Mart
- Experience with ODI a PLUS
- Experience with healthcare data a PLUS
- Able to work well with various teams
- Great English verbal and written communication required for telecommuting roles
- Ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships with all levels of staff, clients and the public
- Detail orientated with the ability to work with minimum/no supervision
- Willingness to be part of a team-unit and cooperate in the accomplishment of departmental goals and objectives