Data analyst responsibilities include investigating the source and root cause of client concerns, checking and validating assumptions, proposing solutions and implementing these solutions typically through use of SQL scripts. The Data Analyst will own the solution over the course of these investigations and data corrections, proactively communicating with all necessary parties.
- Handle client-related issues with internal business partners and external customers to demonstrate findings and resolve issues
- Evaluate client records and access issues in a timely manner, resolving issues that might arise
- Audit data accuracy and ensure that the data received is correct
- Audit data processing and follow the process steps to ensure that data was transformed as expected
- Identify sources of data errors and take measures to resolve them, which may require helping the client change their process or write queries to correct data retroactively
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
Qualifications / requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in information management, healthcare information, computer science, mathematics, statistics, or equivalent combination of related experience
- Working experience as a data analyst, business data analyst, programmer or a demonstrated aptitude for the role
- Strong knowledge of and experience with relational databases, including structure and querying – exceptional candidates without relational database experience may be considered if they have a programming background
- Experience using spreadsheets to create a shared understanding of data issues – candidate must be able to explain findings visually
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Ability to communicate thoroughly and without being asked, including the ability to communicate directly with clients.
- Ability to design comprehensive data reports and other business tools to assist business managers and clients in making good business decisions
- Experience with statistical analysis
- Prior customer service experience
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Sentry Data Systems, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.