The Associate Project Manager, PMO Operations supports the PMO department and plays a vital part in project intake, process improvement, monitoring and facilitating department metrics and reporting, and other initiatives as needed. The ideal candidate will have a strong desire to improve the status quo, enjoys both working collaboratively in a team and independently, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Supports metric development, review and performance audits
- Facilitate development and rollout of departmental processes
- Monitor and assist with departmental documentation needs
- Supports PMO department resources via submitted request cases
- Ensures compliance with established internal policies, procedures and methodologies
- Performs other duties as necessary to support company or department objectives
- Main participant in project intake process, including coordination of discovery calls, preliminary scope development, project creation, and following through resource assignment
- Project management information system support as needed
- Ability to manage simultaneous internal projects
Qualification / requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of related experience in computer science or information technology
- Experience with project management, business analysis, or equivalent education required
- Understanding of hospital/clinical environment workflow and operations a plus
- Strong resilience to organizational changes with the ability to adjust to rapidly changing conditions
- Comfortable communicating effectively across various product and technology teams and leadership
- Creative and takes initiative in finding new ways to improve overall quality of Sentry’s products and processes and resolve process disparities
- Clarizen, Microsoft Project, Salesforce, Sharepoint, Atlassian product line (JIRA, Confluence) experience a plus
- Flexible to schedule changes with the ability to adjust to rapidly changing conditions.
- Ability to gather information & synthesize it into management reports
- Ability to think critically and solve problems
- Self-motivated, strong initiative; ability to work independently and without direct supervision; desires to improve the status quo
- Excellent oral/written communication, organizational and time management skills a must
- Ability to work independently and without direct supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Productivity – Completes work in assigned time (meets deadlines). Amount of work meets or exceeds expectations. Work area is organized. Works well as a team member. Adapts quickly to changing circumstances. Completed work is neat and accurate. Pays close attention to detail.
- Decision making/problem solving/critical thinking – Uses good judgment. Demonstrates ability to clearly isolate and define problems. Considers alternatives and consequences before making decisions. Recognizes problems and offers workable solutions. Seeks advice when appropriate.
- Trust, respect, and rapport – Establishes trust, respect and rapport.
- Personal development – Participates willingly in training and development programs to improve personal skills/knowledge; develops a personal plan for continuing professional development.
- Improving processes – Documents processes and collects performance measurement data to determine where improvements can be made.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Sentry Data Systems, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.