Under general direction of the Area Vice President, the Account Manager is responsible for providing support to the account management department, which networks with Sentry Data Systems’ 340B qualified hospitals (covered entities) or contracted pharmacy partners. In this position, the Account Manager is responsible for managing processes that foster strong client relationships with existing customers to drive customer satisfaction, value, retention and penetration. This position is collaborative in nature and will support leadership in maximizing continued profitability and facilitate sound business decisions.
- Provide assistance and support to the account management team; respond to requests for information such as, but not limited to, analysis requests, account inquiries, billing questions or concerns, general customer service, problem-solving and follow up on customer service issues
- Manage customer auto-renewals; learn and recognize triggers based on customer behavior and escalate customers who request to terminate or downgrade service; suggest additional services to generate additional revenue
- Research company offerings and develop a basic understanding of each and how to articulate benefits to clients
- Assists clients by working with internal teams to troubleshoot common issues and providing ongoing training and guidance, escalating issues as appropriate
- Provide reporting regarding upcoming renewals, churn rates and retention rates
- Prepare agendas, graphs, reports, presentations and other paperwork to support the department and senior management as needed
- Assist with special projects and perform additional duties as assigned
Qualification / requirements:
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Familiar with standard reporting and communication tools such as Microsoft Office, Salesforce, and other technologies and their associated software programs
- Ability to follow-through and prioritize workloads
- Proven ability to use phone and email outreach to generate additional revenue
- Communication – Actively listens; seeks opportunity for dialogue to fully understand communicator’s message or needs. Clearly articulates thoughts and ideas in language appropriate to the listener; checks level of understanding by asking for feedback. Effectively communicates organized and accurate information in writing. Makes effective presentations to groups; reflecting appropriate preparation, organization, use of language, gestures and visual aids. Presents oneself confidently and effectively to customers.
- Productivity – Completes work in assigned time (meets deadlines). Amount of work meets or exceeds expectations. Work area is organized. Works well as a team member. Adapts quickly to changing circumstances. Completed work is neat and accurate. Pays close attention to detail.
- Customer focus – Employee is able to get positive results in adverse situations. Holds self-responsible for service excellence. Acts courteously, compassionately and responsively to all customers. Meets customer expectations for service. Anticipates customers’ needs and responds appropriately. Helps remove barriers to excellent customer service. Demonstrates understanding of customer issues from the customers’ perspective.
- Teamwork – Focuses on team objectives and helps others to achieve those objectives. Supports and celebrates team accomplishments. Promotes a friendly climate by maintaining cooperation, pride, trust, and team spirit. Expresses positive expectations for others, speaks of team members in positive terms, and shows respect for others. Supports creativity in others. Accepts and delivers constructive feedback. Applies negotiation, persuasion and other conflict resolution techniques to achieve team goals, and solve disputes/problems.
- Job knowledge – Meets or exceeds job knowledge for current position level. Performs all tasks in reasonably expected time. All work is accurate and complete. Employee continues professional growth. Works with appropriate level of supervision and knows when to ask questions or ask for help. Uses available resources effectively and efficiently.
- Interaction with others – Resolves conflict effectively. Promotes team and departmental teamwork. Reflects a positive attitude. Treats others with respect. Fulfills commitments to team members. Establishes trust, respect and rapport. Participates in meetings and is appropriately assertive. Keeps supervisors informed of important details. Expresses ideas and information accurately and understandably in both oral and written form.
- Decision making / problem solving / critical thinking – Uses good judgment. Demonstrates ability to clearly isolate and define problems. Considers alternatives and consequences before making decisions. Recognizes problems and offers workable solutions. Seeks advice when appropriate.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships with all levels of staff, clients and the public
- Ability to interpret and understand sales business acumen
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Detail oriented with the ability to work with minimum/no supervision
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written communication
- Willingness to be part of a team-unit and cooperate in the accomplishment of departmental goals and objectives
- The ability to adjust to rapidly changing conditions
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Sentry Data Systems, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.