Revised 340B Recertification Dates
OPA Revised Timeline to Contact Hospitals for 340B Recertification
April 12, 2012 - Sentry Data Systems is alerting customers to a revised timeline for the start of the 340B Hospital Recertification process.
The Office of Pharmacy Affairs (OPA) has announced revised dates for contacting hospital senior executives at covered entities about recertification. These hospital representatives will receive an email containing a username, password and instructions for recertifying their institution and their registered outpatient sites in the 340B drug discount program.
This timeline is based on the type of 340B entity.
- Free-standing cancer hospitals, children’s hospitals, rural referral centers (RRCs), and sole community hospitals (SCHs) should receive emails on April 20.
- Disproportionate Share Hospitals (DSH) should receive emails on April 27.
- Critical Access Hospitals (CAH) should receive emails on May 4.
OPA has indicated that these dates are subject to change. Hospitals will have three weeks to complete the recertification process, according to OPA.
Sentry urges its clients to be aware of these dates and prepare to conduct their recertification on schedule, as recertification is a requirement for continued 340B eligibility.
For more information on the 340B recertification process, please refer to our original article.
SentryDS.com is your source for all news and events related to healthcare information technology, Sentry Data Systems and its products.
- Travis Leonardi, RPh., C.P.
- President, CEO
- William D. Kirsh DO, MPH
- Chief Medical Officer
- Lidia Rodriguez-Hupp
- SVP and 340B Compliance Officer
- Dawn C. DeAngelo
- Chief Pharmacy Officer