HRSA 340B Updates
The Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) issued a Federal Register notice on July 24 with information related to 340B program registration timelines for covered entities and contract pharmacies.
Effective October 1, 2012, registrations with the Office of Pharmacy Affairs (OPA) are now limited to the following timeframes for any 340B covered entities or contract pharmacies:
- January 1-15 for an effective start date of April 1.
- April 1-15 for an effective start date of July 1.
- July 1-15 for an effective start date of October 1.
- October 1-15 for an effective start date of January 1.
For instructions and guidance on the OPA registration process, go to www.hrsa.gov/opa.
Additionally, HRSA recently published a document with additional guidance about 340B audits.
This document is available as a PDF on the HRSA site.
SentryDS.com is your source for all news and events related to healthcare information technology, Sentry Data Systems and its products.
- Travis Leonardi, RPh., C.P.
- President, CEO
- William D. Kirsh DO, MPH
- Chief Medical Officer
- Lidia Rodriguez-Hupp
- Senior Vice President
- Dawn C. DeAngelo
- Chief Pharmacy Officer